- McLennan County Historical Commission Preservation Award This program will provide recognition for sites and homes in the county that do not qualify for a Texas Historical Commission state marker but are still historically significant.
- Work to get Historical Markers for these locations: Bluebonnet Ordnance Plant in McGregor, Katy Ballpark of Waco, Interurban Railway
- Mark the path of the Chisholm Trail through McLennan County
- Develop a guest lecture series
- Current Historical Marker applications under review: Tokyo Store, McGregor Depot
- Texas Treasure Business Award – We are working to identify businesses in our area that have been in continuous operation for more than fifty years.
- General Richard Harrison Marker–removed for I-35 construction
- Greenwood Cemetery Replacement Marker
- Torrey Trading Post #2 Marker Accesss
- Partnering with Coryell County (CCHC) on historical marker for Baugh Mansion
- Waco Indian Village Correction Marker
- Aquilla Creek Truss Bridge Replacement Marker
- Bold Springs Cemetery Marker
- Stratton Stricker Building Marker
- Wesley United Methodist Church Marker
- Moore Cemetery Marker
- City of Crawford Replacement Marker
Historic McLennan County: An Illustrated History
“Historic McLennan County: An Illustrated History,” edited by Sharon Bracken, is available from the McLennan County Historical Commission. Contact our Chairperson for more information.